Sofgen Computer Consultants (P) Ltd. is an innovative ERP/IT Solutions and Services Organization working since 1989.
The Implementation, Migration, Conversion or Integration of SAP Projects by Sofgen is performed following the standard practices provided by SAP. Following the standardized procedure has been found to give better results in terms of performance.
Now is the time to make the move to SAP S/4 HANA. Reap the unmatched benefits of S/4 HANA before your competitors do.
Why move now?
By 2025, SAP will no longer support its existing ERP business suite, requiring users to move to the HANA in-memory platform.
While every SAP customer knows that migrating to SAP S/4HANA is inevitable, many are concerned by the cost, complexity and duration of the migration project. Starting your re-platforming now, however, will allow you to make the shift at your own pace.
Our Approach towards SAP Implementation
- Adoption – The Implementation process starts from scanning your system to check how ready it is for SAP S/4 HANA Implementation. The potential obstacles are identified and eliminated.
- Business Optimization – Once the Migration plan is defined, a demonstration of SAP S/4 HANA is provided to you by implementing it in a temporary cloud environment.
- Business Transformation – Finally, you are Ready. Your Business will push the Value-Adding & Innovation Boosting boundaries of SAP S/4 HANA.
Green Field Implementation
ASAP stands for Accelerated SAPand is SAP’s standard implementation methodology. It comes with a roadmap that guides step-by-step on implementation of SAP Applications. The Road Map is fractionated into 5 phases that go :
This phase of ASAP Road Map focuses on defining Project Objectives with proper clarity and an efficient Decision Making process. The Project goals and the Scope are identified beforehand in the procedure.
The process begins from identifying the Business Process that needs to be mapped in SAP, the modules to be used and the functionality that are to be used for each Module. Following this, the Integrations are performed and then the call has to be taken whether to go Live by Big Bang Implementation or Phased Implementation.
Blue Print is basically a documentation in which the company’s requirements are clearly mentioned that land within the scope identified in the Phase 1 of ASAP.
- This phase mainly strains over identifying the requirements, re-engineer the plan and specify what the SAP system has to deliver to the user.
- Also, the Baseline Scope is identified in this phase.
- The Initial stages of System Landscape and Development Environment are implemented in this phase.
- The phase also includes the process of finalizing the design of Hardware Architecture.
- As a next step in the same phase, the Architecture is finalized and then the Database and Application layers are setup accordingly.
- The SAP Clients and their Purpose is established in this phase itself. Following this, the Strategy is Developed and Finalized.
This Phase of ASAP accounts for the Implementation of all documented requirements as mentioned in the Blue Print.
- The Phase begins with Performing Integration Testing
- Getting the SAP System Ready for a Productive Operation
- Sub-Division of the phase goes as :
- Baseline Phase
- Final Configuration
- Integration Test
From Tests, User Training to Productive System Setups, this step is all about finalizing your entire System Configuration and Environment.
- In this phase, the check is scheduled for Going Live.
- The Helpdesk facility is also setup in this phase. The facility may be Single Level or Two Level.
- Finally, the conversion of Data takes place. The data can be uploaded manually or through Data Conversion Programmes.
Reaching on Phase 5 is like you are ready to Go Live with complete Productivity and dismantle the existing system you’ve been using.
Brown Field Migration to S/4 HANA
While migrating to S/4 HANA there are three major points that need to be considered : On Premises, Private Cloud and Public Cloud. SAP Experts state that there are basically four S/4 HANA deployment methods which include Hybrid Deployment. Though, the first three in combination are the most used.
The S/4 HANA implementation through Brown Field Migration begins with Analyzing the actual situation of your System. Then, the Objectives are defined and accordingly a Plan is framed for the implementation.
A mapped Business process is created where the requirements regarding the business data are mentioned. Also, in this process, the Productivity Goals of the application are defined.
Production Cutover & Support
The Final implementation and upgradation of SAP S/4 HANA is made and the existing application is eliminated.
Final Preparation for Cutover
When the Upgrade Realization phase comes out as a Success, this phase takes into account the Final Testing and Training for upgradation. The possible Risks are identified and minimized in the process.
In this phase, the solutions defined in the design phase are implemented in a test environment. It creates a pilot system landscape, in which the interfaces can be individually tested on functional basis.